Preventive dental care is key to keeping your teeth healthy throughout the course of your life, but it goes beyond that. Good oral health can impact your general health positively, as well.
Preventive dentistry helps maintain good oral health. It’s a combination of regular dental check-ups as well as developing good habits like brushing your teeth and flossing. Taking care of your teeth begins early on in childhood and extends throughout the course of your life.
The Preventive dentistry services we offer include:
- Regular oral exams, usually every 6 months
- Professional teeth cleaning
- Routine X-rays
- Professional cleanings
- Fluoride treatments, especially for children
- Installing Sealants – coverings applied to the top surfaces of permanent molars to prevent decay inside the grooves that naturally occur in these teeth
- Education and training on
- Techniques for proper brushing, flossing and use of other oral hygiene aids
- Nutritional and/or tobacco cessation counseling
- Installing space maintainers for children
- In unique cases, preventive resin restorations or decay arresting medication applied to teeth, typically given to children at high risk for developing decay
This involves all processes that our dentists use to replace missing or damaged teeth. Such procedures as tooth fillings, crowns, bridges and implants are common restorative options. The goal is to bring back your natural smile and prevent future oral health issues.
Filling empty spaces in your mouth helps keep teeth properly aligned. Replacing teeth makes it easier to maintain good oral care habits while helping prevent plaque build-up and the problems plaque can lead to. Missing teeth can affect your health, appearance and self-esteem
Brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day. Electric toothbrushes can help remove plaque from your teeth and restorative work. Make sure to floss around your teeth, dental implants, crowns, and bridges every day. Try not to chew on hard or sticky foods. These can damage your implant, bridge, or crown. Use an antibacterial mouthwash to help fight plaque bacteria around restorative work.